Innis is a remote chapel built in 1820, in a former Quaker cemetery, by William O’Bryan, founder of the Bible Christian Methodist movement. (O’Bryan’s Quaker forefathers, the Groses, farmed Innis and the graveyard was already established when O’Bryan acquired the land.)
Thomasine Bryant, O’Bryan’s mother, was buried here in 1821 and he erected a gravestone for her in 1836 (third from the door).
The chapel contains a small collection of memorabilia. Innis congregation consists of local people, but draws people from all over the region – as far away as Saltash and Penzance!
A Service is held on the 2nd Sunday of every month at 2.30pm during April- December, in line with Covid-19 guidelines.
We are a small and welcoming Congregation. Please note that there are no services during January-March.
Mrs Joanne Cooper 01208 831297
For information, please visit the link below